Oh, also, new yarn! Took my mom to MadTosh yesterday and I did pick up a few things for myself.
Top to Bottom:
Malabrigo Silky Merino, colorway Bahia (this one just called to me)
Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend, colorway Deep Sea
Madeline Tosh Tosh Chunky, colorway Envy
I *had* to get another skein of the chunky, after I made my husband a hat in one for his stocking stuffer last Christmas. That was just the best yarn to work with. It. is. SO. SQUISHY.
Also, now that I know that Manos makes sock yarn, I may be in some serious trouble. I don’t know how this escaped my notice before now, but I might have been better off not knowing…. (Note: I did not actually buy their sock yarn, because my closet is full of sock yarn and I was attempting* to practice restraint.)
I also bought a pattern, the Welted Fingerless Gloves from Churchmouse Yarns. Mostly because I wanted an excuse to buy the Bahia… (Pattern calls for the Manos Silk Blend, but the Malabrigo should work with it as well, so, two pairs of mitts for me!)
All in all, I would say it was a pretty successful trip to the store! ^_^
(*Clearly with only limited success.)
10 Notes/ Hide
- agujasblog likes this
- msmonster likes this
- knipurl likes this
- heretherebdragons likes this
- atomicpen said:ooooooooooo /grabby hands Such purty yarn!!
- atomicpen likes this
- genginger said:Yaaaaarn! Mad Tosh is the BEST. Actually so is Malbrigo. And Manos is good too. Basically… I’m saying you have great taste in yarn.
- ladyamesindy said:ooooooooooo pretties!!!! *drools*
- ladyamesindy likes this
- afragmentcastadrift likes this
- yarnandteaisallineed posted this